Very, VERY quick update:
New York was amazing; I will write more when I can. Suffice it to say that everyone should have a friend like Mel with a family like the Coztanzi's - I've rarely been so warmly welcomed. I'll have to backtrack to it. This morning (this morning?!? Agh.) I met a fellow workshopper in New York and we drove to Cape Cod, caught the ferry to Martha's Vineyard, were picked up by Steve Gould, ate dinner with EVERYONE else, learned the rules, played many rounds of fun, silly games. No, no - wait - I mean deadly serious games. This is a serious place.
Tomorrow morning I have a critique group on two stories they gave us to read after dinner. So it's now 11:25pm and I have to get to my homework!
And that's my whirlwind update. So far, so good, kids. Now to hit the books. Love to all (unless I don't know you and you just googled 'Viable Paradise' and got this. No love for you!)
~G
4 comments:
I had a thought today - I wonder if Scalzi will still blog while he's there?
Maybe I can follow along from two perspectives...
Good luck - loveyalots!
Todays verification word is "Golon"
Google #1.
"Anne Golon (born December 19, 1921, Toulon, Var) is a French author, better known to English speaking readers as Sergeanne Golon. She has written a series of novels about a heroine Angelique."
Fun fact - most 'Golons' that pop up are authors, with one Historian. Apparently the name has some infused literary quality.
Okay, not so 'fun' but a little odd.
SILLY GAMES!!!! It's like summer camp for writers!!! Except with homework. Hm. Maybe you can run us through a day of VP when you're back home, we'll be your group of abiding students. You can wear those half-frame glasses and carry a pointer stick. Okay?
HAVE FUN!
I am so excited for you!! I hope the ride went well and all the silly/serious games made fast friends for everyone. I can't wait to hear more.
Can't wait to hear about your time in New York ... good strategy, leaving some stories untold! :)
And now, serious fun? The best kind!
Post a Comment