Saturday, October 9, 2010

The Obligatory Photo Pile

Figured I would post some photos, though I won't put up any photos of people before I get their permission. Just seems rude.

Here we go:

On the ferry ride over:


Small random beach near the island inn, where I'm staying. When you really, really need a break, there is nothing like a small, quiet beach.

The Seawall path (you'll have to trust me that there's ocean around here somewhere. Very close, in fact. I promise.)

View from our balcony on a (rare) sunny morning:

More of the Island Inn at sunrise:

Walking to the beach at sunrise:

And the running favourite of the sunrise shots:

That's all for now, folks! And of course, they couldn't be photographed, but last night we all took a field trip (High school with grown ups! And less angst. Slightly.) down to the beach in the pitch black and saw some luminescent jellyfish. Pretty amazing. Oh - and if you're wondering where all the sunset shots are - that was work time.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful! I LOVE the sunrise photos. And it really does look like you stayed in a little slice of heaven. Can't wait to see more.
Congratulations, writer!

Andrew Hill said...

Great photos - nice to know you had at least one sunny day.

The scenery looks like something from a movie - and what a great way to visit.

Todays verification word is 'Payelemo"

Google has no idea what this is. So the term 'word verification' clearly cannot be trusted.