Friday, October 1, 2010

T'ranha

I've decided to start spelling 'Toronto' the way Ontarioians pronounce it. BC'ers pronounces it with all it's T's and O's, and I feel like that's unfair - it's a lazy word, you don't have to put so much work into it; but how could they know? It's spelled all consonant-ey.

As you may have guessed, I'm in T'ranha: made it with plenty of time to spare before my next flight.

What is happening to me?!

Anyway, nothing of note to say, except that the flight was smooth and eventless, just what one hopes for in a trip. The border folks were smiley and friendly, though I did get admonished for living in Vancouver and not having been to Seattle -

- I've just remembered that I have, in fact, been to Seattle. On a bicycle. I can't believe I forgot that.

Well, that's a winning note on which to end, I think. I'm here, I'm safe, and in two hours or so, I'll be in New York City!

~G~

2 comments:

Andrew said...

I'm not sure Toronto really needed another nickname...

But you're heading in a better direction with 'T'ranha'. The previous names kept getting shorter and shorter (for example, T dot, or TO) and I was starting to think that eventually we'd reduce the city down to click, or even a non verbal hand sign of some sort...

Have a GREAT time in NY, do something New Yorky - like a pretzel or calzone, and please talk to as many locals as possible, if for no other reason than Blog-Fodder (Blodder).

MomJoy said...

I still prefer TO, because when you say that to an American they don't know what the heck you're talking about, and then you can explain the Canadian-ism to them while (whilst?) rolling your eyes.