Hey, remember that time when I totally lied to you?
Yeah, that was yesterday, when I said I'd tell you all more tomorrow. Because I can't. Nay, won't! (Sorry. It's been a long, writerey day.) Part of going to this workshop, which I will henceforth refer to as 'The Thing', is keeping it to yourself. You know, a what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas kind of deal, only with Martha's Vineyard. So. Fewer hookers.
But I can tell you about me: Apparently, and I still blame India for this, any change to my sleep schedule or time zone beyond a couple of hours causes my body to think to itself: "Alright, that's it. Shut down the sleep programs, we're gonna run on fumes for a while."
But . . . I have time! I could sleep. I could have gotten at least four hours last night! Oh, noooo. Had to stay awake and twitch.
Today, I buy gravol.
Here's what I know and am pretty sure I can say: This place is made up of awesome people, and I mean everyone: instructors, students and staff. Feelin' pretty lucky, I tell ya.
Alright, things to do, etc. It's actually taken me most of today to write this, in short snippets of about ten words at a time. See the commitment I make?
And now, to write! For a change!
G
6 comments:
I knew I should have given you that tape of Keevah and I snoring!
okay - JUST finished reading a murder mystery book about cults. Even though you can't talk about your activities and the happenings, you won't go renaming yourself and shunning all previous contacts for our dirty dirty un-writerly ways, right? See! That's the power of a compelling storyline. Now I suspect mysteries and intrigue around every corner. Hope you get some sleep! Love!
ps. now I feel like my last note 'hope you get some sleep' sounds tongue-in-cheek. I really mean it!
Well, this secret club is getting more and more intriguing ... remember the Evergreens ... we do know you're good at keeping secrets!
Sounds like you have lots of cool companions on the journey, and we know that Science Fiction writers would never be weird in reality. (Don't we?)
So, keep canny, learn lots, have fun, and sleep will come soon ... hopefully at night!
Sweet dreams, darlin'
All these sleep advocates, someone has to take the other side...
Sleep? Forget it - who needs it anyway?
I say stay awake the entire time, keep the lights on all night and have random two sided convo's that are just loud enough to be heard by those going for midnight snacks.
Drink lots of coffee. Twitchy??? No, I'm just excited. Oh that? That's just a nerve problem - It comes and goes...
And while we're on the subject of freaking out a bunch of strangers doing they're best to seem 'normal' (whatever the hell that is) - who really has time to shower?
What better way to remember the experience than by transporting the smells all the way back home with you - the rest of the passengers on the plane should BE so lucky! All those stains and bits of food? Souvenirs.
Todays verification word is 'ealize'
Google says "Did you mean Realize?"
No, dammit. And I resent the implication.
Everybody else has left really cool and witty remarks, which makes me feel rather self-conscious about trying to be funny, so I won't. Just wanted to let you know I'm reading!
Post a Comment