Did I mention I was going?
If not it's because this has been another random adventure, brought to you in part by Christine Hann (closed captioning courtesy of Air Canada having inexplicably cheap flights). But, the point is, I'm here! South Beach Hostel, to be exact, and I arrived tonight at 7pm.
So here's the story:
Christine, who is a new-ish friend in my life, has an old friend (Read: Friend from a long time ago; the friend herself is young and pretty) who is having a baby. And lives in Miami. So she invited Christine down from the QCI's (That's the Queen Charlotte Islands, for the Easterners) to come to the baby shower. Christine invited me.
Et voila. I am here. Christine is going to spend a couple of painful days (not sure who will find this more painful) teaching me to surf, and beyond that, we have no real plans . . . but it's 23 degrees here right now and it's 8pm. Beats the heck outta two degrees and raining.
I spent most of today on airplanes; the last three hours of which I was accosted by a three year old showing me how he could make his eyes BIG AND SCAREY to scare people when we were landing. People behaved appropriately terrified. I think he's either a future pilot or some kind of funhouse operator. Also, my flight arrived twenty minutes early, and the Air Canada pilot came on and announced this and requested that we 'tell our friends'.
Friends, consider yourselves told.
That's all I've got for now. I'm hanging about the hostel until Christine gets here - should be around midnight, I think? Sorry but I don't think there will be any photos until I get home; I don't have my little camera cable with me. You'll have to use your imaginations . . . so far all I can tell you is it's dark here. At an appropriate time. So, the laws of nature apply - don't pretend like that's not good to know, either!
Gotta run. Obviously getting weird due to 14 hours of travel.
Love,
Gwen
1 comment:
Damn, I should have given you my card reader! I am very impressed that Air Canada got in twenty minutes early, they must have worked through their coffee break...
Post a Comment