Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Exploring South Beach

Christine sunburnt her left arm (only), we ordered prosciutto and melon for breakfast and proceeded to drop most of the melon on the ground, my board shorts apparently should have been washed before I wore them because they dyed my legs black (ha!) Christine dumped a cup of ice in her lap, and apparently I yell at things that make random noises and irritate me.

Thus began the travels of the two (possibly) klutziest girls ever.

Now, the bonus here is that neither of us really blink an eye at it. I was frankly shocked when my blackened legs (yes, it comes off. I am not permanently blackened.) failed to cause more than a slightly raised eyebrow from Christine. I guess if great minds think alike; then poorly coordinated bodies may be a bit in sync and therefore unschockable.

Wow. I've used about three words already that I'm pretty sure I made up. 'Klutziest'? Does not look like something I'd find in Websters.

Anyway. Miami Beach is fantastic! It wasn't too too sunny today, so we wandered aimlessly around, getting the lay of the land and shopping. I know - tough life. We got up relatively early, enjoyed the free toast and bananas offered by the hostel (Hey - They said free breakfast. They didn't say it would be more than toast and bananas.), had lunch on Ocean Drive, and in between we walked. The beach is beautiful and absolutely deserted at 8am. Tomorrow we're planning to go to the Florida Keys and . . . and . . . nope, that's all I've got. Vague plans and half-ideas. Most of what we did today was caused by walking past something that looked fun/interesting. Which if you ask me . . . is not a bad way to run a vacation!

And now, a word from our sponsor:

Christine:

ola, mes amis!! So, I roped Gwen into this trip by saying "I'm thinking about going to Miami in a few weeks for a 5-day trip. are you interested??" (that is word-for-word, I just checked on facebook) and she said "Yes"!! And that is why we are here. Spontaneity is one of my favorite characteristic in a person and Gwen is the queen of spontaneity, and Klutziness.. That's probably why we get along so well :)

Here we are, in Miami... it took me 2 days to get here, but it was well worth it - I've already got a sunburn on my left arm !!! Woo hoo. Mission accomplished. In addition, I bought a bikini, got a pedicure and walked around all day with a clump of sand on my leg. Oh, I also spilled Mojito on my lap - that was nice, and quite refreshing. It was actually the 2nd time in my life that I have spilled a Mojito on my lap. Anything else I write is going to be even more repetitive than the last 2 paragraphs, and this is Gwen's blog.. so I'm going to stop typing now.

And now, back to regular programing:


There you have it, folks. United in an inability to fully control our own limbs. Is it sad? Yes. Yes it is.

Oh I'm sorry, were you waiting for a follow up? Alright . . . it's also . . . fun! And occasionally injurious! Go, us!

I'll sign off for now; frankly it's about time I ate something after this exhausting day. In closing, anyone who has not yet read 'Old Man's War' by John Scalzi, please go and do so immediately. Unless you don't like science fiction; in which case, please learn to like it, then go out and buy 'Old Man's War'.

That is all.

Love!
Gwen

1 comment:

Andrew Hill said...

Hey Gwen, Andy here. Glad to hear you're having fun in the sunshine of Miami. It snowed here yesterday. That's right, fluffy white stuff that means winter- quite a bit too- it actually seems to be surviving the suns attempts to announce spring.

Anyway, thought you might find that amusing. I don't, but that's okay. As long as you're enjoying yourself :)

Take care,
Andy