Yeah, it's not a really good riddle.
Anyway, since this blog has been so great for me, personally, in terms of looking back on trips and remembering the awesomeness that once was, I'm going to try to write about my trip to Texas. I'm here for Paradise Lost II, a workshop for alumni from the Martha's Vineyard workshop (which was the last thing I wrote about on here!). It's a four-day'er, but a little less frantic in terms of scheduling that Viable Paradise was.
My trip here (I'm in Austin right now, waiting to be picked up to head down to San Antonio) was weird - I left home at 8pm on Tuesday, took the ferry across, caught the skytrain to the Vancouver airport at midnight, and hung out there for five hours until my flight left. In the meantime, I wrote some things (on my phone) to entertain myself, since I couldn't text anyone. Or rather - I could have, but at four in the morning, I would have run out of friends fairly quickly.
So.
Thoughts I have had that I would like to share with you:
1. I look like a druid in this hoodie. Plus I'm super pale and the skytrain lights make me look kind of green. That, or scurvy. Note to self: Eat a lemon later.
2. The YVR sky train is like a roller coaster. It creaks and randomly speeds up/ slows down. Also, is there a human driving this thing? I don't see one.
3. Why does YVR specify US AND international flights? Are there people who think the US of A is a province?
4. Ohh. The US has it's own little...area. I gotcha. I still think it's unnecessary.
5. Have spent the last twenty minutes imagining there was a zombie apocalypse and the twelve other people here and I are holding down the airport until we can think of a way OUT OF HERE, MY GOD, THEY'RE COMING FOR US! Then remembered: I brought a book. I don't have to do this.
6. 4am! Dear TedTalks: You were right. This is a weird hour. My laptop is in use by not one, but TWO folks who forgot their wall chargers and didn't bring laptops but (Quite mysteriously, to my thinking) brought USB chargers for their cell phones. Anyway, they're friendly enough. Plus, I may need their loyalty when the inevitable zombie apo - No. Stop that.
7. Did I just get through security in twenty seconds flat?
8. And customs?
9. Oh god, I just figured it out. The zombies came and got me. The afterlife is a speedy security lineup and friendly customs agents. Actually...not bad. Not bad at all.
10. 6am. My plane is boarding, and there are only eight of us on the whole damn thing, so I get a row alllllll to myself! Sweet.
11. zzzzzzzzz.
Talk to you again from San Antonio!
Anyway, since this blog has been so great for me, personally, in terms of looking back on trips and remembering the awesomeness that once was, I'm going to try to write about my trip to Texas. I'm here for Paradise Lost II, a workshop for alumni from the Martha's Vineyard workshop (which was the last thing I wrote about on here!). It's a four-day'er, but a little less frantic in terms of scheduling that Viable Paradise was.
My trip here (I'm in Austin right now, waiting to be picked up to head down to San Antonio) was weird - I left home at 8pm on Tuesday, took the ferry across, caught the skytrain to the Vancouver airport at midnight, and hung out there for five hours until my flight left. In the meantime, I wrote some things (on my phone) to entertain myself, since I couldn't text anyone. Or rather - I could have, but at four in the morning, I would have run out of friends fairly quickly.
So.
Thoughts I have had that I would like to share with you:
1. I look like a druid in this hoodie. Plus I'm super pale and the skytrain lights make me look kind of green. That, or scurvy. Note to self: Eat a lemon later.
2. The YVR sky train is like a roller coaster. It creaks and randomly speeds up/ slows down. Also, is there a human driving this thing? I don't see one.
3. Why does YVR specify US AND international flights? Are there people who think the US of A is a province?
4. Ohh. The US has it's own little...area. I gotcha. I still think it's unnecessary.
5. Have spent the last twenty minutes imagining there was a zombie apocalypse and the twelve other people here and I are holding down the airport until we can think of a way OUT OF HERE, MY GOD, THEY'RE COMING FOR US! Then remembered: I brought a book. I don't have to do this.
6. 4am! Dear TedTalks: You were right. This is a weird hour. My laptop is in use by not one, but TWO folks who forgot their wall chargers and didn't bring laptops but (Quite mysteriously, to my thinking) brought USB chargers for their cell phones. Anyway, they're friendly enough. Plus, I may need their loyalty when the inevitable zombie apo - No. Stop that.
7. Did I just get through security in twenty seconds flat?
8. And customs?
9. Oh god, I just figured it out. The zombies came and got me. The afterlife is a speedy security lineup and friendly customs agents. Actually...not bad. Not bad at all.
10. 6am. My plane is boarding, and there are only eight of us on the whole damn thing, so I get a row alllllll to myself! Sweet.
11. zzzzzzzzz.
Talk to you again from San Antonio!

1 comment:
So far, so good, and that midnight travel does have its advantages, eh?
And those planes are quiet!
Have a wonderful time catching up with all the others in paradise.
:)
Post a Comment